Monday, December 18, 2017

Blessed Christmas & Happy New Year!

Hi!  Sorry it has been so long since I last posted here.  This is a busy time of year for most of us.  I can hardly believe that Christmas Day is only one week away. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Our's was especially nice.  I always look at Thanksgiving as the beginning of Christmas.  We always put our tree up on the first Saturday after Thanksgiving. 
We bought a new slim tree this year because our older one was just falling apart.  It's a little taller than the old one, but looks very similar.  I do believe the quality of this one is a bit better too.  I opted to use a quilt for the skirt this year instead of a coverlet.  

Due to time restraints and family coming and going, I decided to have Doll's Christmas early while I had time to enjoy it.  All of the dolls got wallpaper for their "shelf rooms."  I'm so glad to finally get this done. 

Sybil's room is small considering her height, but she doesn't mind sitting to play and read.   Maybe one day she will have a big enough room to stand  up in.   Sybil got a lovely ivory hand knitted shawl and an abacus to help her with her schooling.  As you can see from her room she already has plenty of toys.  She is also wearing her Christmas/Winter dress.  
Hitty Jane wanted a new dress form and this Christmas she finally got one.   This one was made from a Gail Wilson kit.  I found it on ebay already made and snagged it for her.  The photo is misleading because it looks too big for her, but it is indeed her size.   This dress form matches the one Hattie has.
For those who may not remember, this is Hattie.   I made her from a Gail Wilson Joel Ellis Doll Kit.  I did everything, except Gail painted the head for me.  One of the hardest crafty things I have ever done, but so worth it.  I was smart enough to order her a ready made dress and dress form when I ordered the kit.   
And last, but not least, Pia & Lexie are getting ready for Christmas.  They are wearing dresses made for Effanbee Patsy.  I got a Patsy Joan awhile back but decided not to keep her, but I saved the dresses because I like them so much.   These little ones continue to make me smile every day.

I will try to come back after New Years Day to show the other doll rooms.  Time is short today and I have lots to get done every day this week.  

Wishing you all Christmas Blessings and a very Happy New Year!  


4 comments:

Serenata said...

Wishing you a lovely Christmas and hope you have a special time with your family. So nice to see your Christmas preparations and gorgeous tree.

Jan Conwell said...

Love the tiny Hitty dolls! We have a big fat tree that's really too big for our space...I would like to "trade down" for a pencil tree one of these days. Merry Christmas!

Dolly Blessings said...

Thanks Lorraine! I wish you the same! Merry Christmas!

Dolly Blessings said...

Thank you, Jan! Merry Christmas to you & yours!