Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Tibby


This lovely doll is Tibby, a handmade Izannah Inspired doll by Jan Conwell.  The photo is several years old.  I got Tibby back in May of 2014.   I bought her from a sweet friend and kept her almost three years.   At that time, I had so much "stuff" that I felt the need to downsize, and Tibby was adopted by the very same friend that I bought her from.

A few weeks ago, I saw on her blog that she is now downsizing and had Tibby up for adoption.  I was so happy to have a chance to get her back.  I'm thrilled to have her home with me again!  Tibby was made by the same artist (Jan Conwell) who made Sybil, so they are real sisters. 

Since she has been home, the sisters have gotten to know each other. It has been so much fun to play with them.  I have bought Tibby a few new dresses because she has only had one her entire life, that I'm aware of.  When I commissioned Sybil, I asked the artist to make her a seasonal wardrobe.  She did an amazing job on the doll and the dresses.  So now I'd like for Tibby to have a seasonal wardrobe as well.  I think she deserves to be spoiled.  The dress in the photo above would make a lovely Spring dress, but it will work for Summer too, for now.
Tibby is 21 inches tall, where Sybil is 18 inches.  Tibby is also a "Barefoot Izannah" doll, where Sybil has painted on boots.  Tibby's eyes are brown and Sybil's are blue.  So lots of subtle differences, but both beautiful girls.

I hope you enjoyed "meeting" Tibby.  I'm sure there will be more posts about her and her sister in upcoming posts.

I hope you all are happy and well. 

From all of us here to all of you....Be blessed!

4 comments:

Dorothy In PA said...

What a pretty girl Tibby is. I like that she has had two Mamas who shared her.
I had not thought about commissioning a seasonal wardrobe. What a great idea! I just muck around ebay and look for things, as I don't sew. I think your way is more efficient.
I look forward to reading some sister stories now that Tibby is back home.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Thank you so much Dorothy! I do the same thing, as far as ebay. I used to sew a lot, but I am so rusty that all I do now is ruin fabric. My machine is old too and doesn't want to cooperate. So I buy dresses from those who know what they are doing> :o)

McNally School said...

Such little beauties! I just love dolls so much.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Thank you so much Elaine! Me too! :o)