Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Helene


It has been a long time since my last post.  I apologize for that, but life seems to get busier every day.   I hope all of you are happy, well and blessed.  I have many blessings to share, but want to start with this one...
This is Helene. She is a marvelous Izannah Walker Inspired doll made by the very talented Svetlana  Lukina in Russia.  I saw this sweet doll in her Etsy store and also on her facebook page and fell in love with her.  At that time, she was already spoken for.   Without going into all the details, this doll became available again and I was very blessed to be able to bring her home.   She is amazing!  Every tiny detail is perfection!  Look at her gorgeous dress and that beautiful bonnet!  All handmade by the artist.  Even her sweet little leather shoes!

                               
She is wonderfully painted as well.  See her pretty side curls?  There are more on the other side and in back.  Her face is so precious and her eyes very captivating.  She is stunning in every way.

She fits into my home very well too.   My home is primitive farmhouse style.  I love antiques and well worn things.  Helene looks so pretty no matter where I put her.  She is beautiful perfection sitting among my old things.  They compliment one another, because she is a replica of an antique doll.

Helene arrived here on September 28, 2019.   So this will be the day we celebrate her birthday each year.  As you can see, she has already been gifted a few special toys.  The little rug beater she is holding is very old.   A father from long ago made it for his special little girl to play with.  I have had it for many years.  Now it belongs to Helene.
She was given the little painted cat on the day she arrived here.  And recently the little rug beater.   The sheep & willow tree pin-keep is one I made several years ago.  The small basket is part of a miniature basket collection my sweet husband gave me for our 10th Anniversary.   We celebrated our 38th Anniversary this past June.
Tibby and Sybil have welcomed Helene with open arms, just as I have.  I love them all dearly and feel so very blessed to have them.

I am out of time so I must get busy.  Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!  Take a few moments to count your blessings and you will see just how truly blessed you are.

Until next time, be blessed!






6 comments:

IzannahRU said...

Thanks for your words, Carolina! These girls found a common language, it can be seen)). They look calm and interested in each other.

Hill Top Post said...

Helene is a real beauty! How lucky she is to have found such a wonderful home.

Dorothy In PA said...

Helene is so pretty and stately. I love her dress. I look forward to hearing about her adventures.

I am grateful for wonderful doll bloggers like you! Thanks.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Hi IzannahRU! Thank you so much! Yes, I agree! You are a master artist and I am so happy to have one of your most beautiful works. Blessings to you!

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Hill Top Post, Thank you! Helene is very dear to me already. These wonderful little characters help to make a house a home. Blessings!

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Hi Dorothy In PA! Always nice to hear from you. Thank you so much for your kindness! I'm grateful for all who read my humble blog. I really need to try harder to post more often. Blessings!