Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Grace Gets an Upgrade


This is Grace, made by artist Rebecca Kerin.  I have posted about her before, as her hair was damaged when I got her.  I made paper clay hair for her.   It was better than nothing, but I always wanted to try again and see if I could improve on it.  Just for reference, the photo below is my first attempt.
If you look closely at the first photo at the top, I hope you can see the differences.  It took me two more times to make it better.  Part of the problem was that the first time I did it, the material was too thin and shapeless.  I knew that had to be changed.  It was a lot of work and a lot of drying and curing time, but I think it was well worth it.

The next photos show more of the layering and work done.  I'm so pleased with how it turned out.  I think Grace is pleased too. 



I tried to keep the same hair color as before, but changed the style a little bit.  Another change is the material I  used.  The first hair was made of creative paper clay.  This time I used apoxie sculpt.  

I think those little tendrils in the front add so much charm to the overall appearance of her new hair, if I do say so myself.  Grace is one of my most favorite dolls, especially being a big fan of Rebecca Kerin too.  

I hope life has been treating all of you well.  I always appreciate your visits and comments.

Until next time, be blessed!  


11 comments:

McNally School said...

You did a beautiful job! I love her hair.

Dorothy In PA said...

Grace looks so pretty with her new hair. You did an excellent job!

I love her outfit and bonnet. She has a very expressive face. I feel like she has something important to say but she might only say it in a whisper.

Please share more of her adventures.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Thank you so much Elaine!

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Thank you, Dorothy! She is a beautiful doll and so special to me. The artist made her lovely dress. Her shoes are amazing and made onto her feet. Taupe colored high button boots. I will have to remember to take a photo of them.

Hill Top Post said...

What a joy! I love her!

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Thank you Hill Top Post! :o)

LivingInSong said...

Grace looks darling with her new hair style - I think it really suits her! Your job with the epoxy sculpt is fantastic! You should be very proud of her she turned out!

MyFarmhouseBlue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Thank you so much, LivinginInSong! And thank you or visiting my blog. I hope you will visit me again. :o)

Dorothy In PA said...

This comment is off the topic of dolls but I just saw the Downton Abbey movie and thought of you. I had not seen any of episodes in the series. I loved the movie. I was looking for a doll in the shots but I didn't see one.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Hi Dorothy! Sorry that I am just now seeing this. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. The entire series was wonderful. I am waiting for the movie to come out on DVD so I can watch it at home and add it to my collection. Thank you for thinking about me. Blessings to you! :o)