Sunday, December 22, 2019

Merry Christmas 2019

Christmas is almost here!  We are finally ready and I hope all of you are as well.  What a glorious time of the year.  We have so much to be thankful for, especially for the precious babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.  The One who came to save us from our sins and bring us to Heaven when the Lord calls us home.   Christmas is for celebrating the Birth of Christ.

Santa is also welcome in our home, but we know who is more important.  Santa gives us another reason to be happy.  He is a jolly example of giving from the heart, just as the Three Wise Men brought gifts to Baby Jesus.  This is why we also give gifts at Christmas.  It would be an amazing thing if every child in every corner of the world could receive gifts and know they are loved.   Sadly, there are many who go without even the very necessities of life.  Not only children, but people of all ages who need love.  Lord, please give all of us a heart that longs to give to others.   Let us never forget the gift of You.

I have enjoyed putting out festive Christmas decorations, as I always do.  It seems with every year, I cut back just a little.  I love the simple things most.

And this year, I bought myself a Christmas doll.  I normally do not do this, but I saw her and the price was too good to pass up.  She is an Izannah Walker Inspired doll made by Shari Lutz.  She is very simply made and is not made in the same manner as most Izannah Walker Inspired dolls.  In fact, only the face and hair resemble Izannah Walker.  Her face painting is like a watercolor portrait.  The simplicity of her and the peaceful, serene expression on her face is lovely. 
She is sitting in front of our Christmas tree, waiting for the big day.   She arrived December 19th.  She reminds me of "Sarah, Plain and Tall" so I have named her Sarah.  Have you seen those movies?  They are among my favorites.

I hope all of you enjoy a Beautiful Christmas with your families.  May it be Blessed and Merry!  And a Happy & Healthy New Year as well.




8 comments:

Angela said...

Your new doll is lovely! I would love to see more pictures and hear more details of her when you have the time...perhaps in a new blog post? Have a wonderful Christmas!

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Thank you, Angela! I will do that soon. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well. :o)

Dorothy In PA said...

Thank you for sharing your Christmas joy. I can feel it all the way here in PA.

Sarah is a pretty doll. She looks right at home. I am sure that her sister dolls have all welcomed her.

I am wishing you and your family (human and doll) a wonderful Christmas.

Hill Top Post said...

Merry Christmas, you lucky girl! The new little Izannah doll is oh-so-sweet! I love Shari Lutz's work! Is she still making dolls or is this one of her earlier ones? I also enjoyed seeing your special holiday pieces. The Nativity and the penny rug is my favorite. Merry Christmas, Carolyn, from our house to yours.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Thank you, Dorothy! Yes, Sarah's sister dolls are happy to have her here with us. Wishing you and your family a Blessed & Merry Christmas, dear lady! :)

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Thanks Mary! I have to agree with you. She is a sweet doll. Sarah was made in 2005 according to the signature and date. I have not heard anything about Shari Lutz in years and wondered if she was still living. I hope she is. Maybe she's just taking a break from creating. Thank you about my Christmas pieces too. Some of them were made by dear friends over the years. We have had the Nativity since we got married in 1981. It has a Shepherd boy and three Wise Men as well, but I decided to let the Holy Family be the center of attention. Merry Christmas to you and your's as well, Mary!

Dorothy In PA said...

Are you watching Jane Austen's Sanditon on PBS? I am loving it!

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Hi Dorothy. No, I had no idea it was on. Sorry I missed it. Maybe they will show it again. I don;t think I have seen that one yet either. Thanks for letting me know, though.