Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Changing Hitty Dolls and More


Hi Everybody!  I hope things are going well for all of you.  I got off track posting my dolls when the holidays rolled around.  So hopefully I can get back on track now.
Awhile back, I posted about finally getting one of Gail Wilson's cloth body Hitty dolls.  I was thrilled with her.  She is such a nice doll, but I decided that I would be happier with one that could stand by herself.  So Hitty Fern went to live at another home and a new Gail Wilson Hitty came to live here.

So please meet Hitty Etta.  She came to live here in October.   What a happy day that was!  I am even more thrilled with her because she stands so nicely.  It makes playing in the Hitty room box much more fun.

Before she arrived, a tiny Gail Wilson Hitty arrived.  This is Hitty Bea.  She was adopted from one of my best friends in September.  She is a darling little thing and the perfect doll for Hitty Etta.  

But there's more!  See the Raggedy Ann doll Hitty Etta is holding?  I just happened to spot her on ebay and knew she was made by Gail Wilson.  What a find!  Little Raggy Ann arrived here a couple of days before Hitty Etta.

I didn't expect my little Hitty family to grow so quickly, but everything just seemed to fall into place. 

I have so many blessings in my life.  I know dolls are close to the bottom of that list, but I'm thankful for every blessing God so generously gives.  Some blessings come to us through trials and difficulties and some come to us through joy.

Be blessed my friends!







8 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

I love EVERYTHING about this... the dolls, the little furnished rooms, the paintings on the walls...well, just EVERYTHING! And, I so agree about our many blessings!

Dorothy In PA said...

I just love Hitty Etta. She has a beautiful face. And Hitty Bea is very sweet. I am looking forward to seeing what they will be doing.

Sanditon is a 6-part series on PBS. It airs in my area on Sunday nights. I am sure it will be re-run so you will get to see it. I love this new Jane Austen heroine.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Thank you, Mary! If your scroll back a little bit, you can see more of my Hitty Room. It's one of my most favorite dolly projects and was so fun to do.
Blessings!
~Carolyn

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Thank you, Dorothy! And thanks for the info about Sandition. I'm going to pop over to PBS and see if they are showing repeats of what has already aired. I love PBS, but do not always have time to watch tv very often. Blessings!
~Carolyn

Serenata said...

How lovely to see a post from you and your delightful Hitty Family. They are all gorgeous of course, and look like they have settled in well.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Thank you, Lorraine! Always good to hear from you. I hope you are doing well. <3

Dorothy In PA said...

Dear Carolyn,
This is just a quick note to let you know that the doll blogger at themonstercrafts.blogspot.com asked folks to list doll blog sites that they follow. I listed your site as one of my favorites.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Thank you Dorothy! I'm just now seeing this as I have had some computer issues and still trying to get everything sorted out.