Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Sweet Junie

This wonderful all cloth doll is a faithful reproduction of a Photo Face Babyland Rag doll.  She was made by artist Glenda Smith who made her by looking at an antique Babyland doll that she owns.  She did not want to copy the faces of genuine antique Babyland dolls.  Her photo face was printed from an antique photo in the artist's collection and applied to the doll in the same way Babyland Rag dolls were made. 
Junie is 20 inches tall and is completely made by the artist, all except purchased shoes.  Her clothes and undergarments were made from antique and vintage fabrics.   Her bonnet is sewn onto the doll and the front rim can be pulled forward or folded back, but cannot be removed from the doll.
Photos do not do her justice at all.  She is an amazing work of art and I am very happy to have her.  She is one-of-a-kind.  There will never be another one exactly like her.  The artist mentioned that she may make others, but so far I have not seen or heard of her doing this as of yet.  I hope she will.  She said no two would ever be a like.  If I hear from her about this, I will be sure to update. 
Junie has a very life-like look, thanks to her lovely photo face.  Some people are bothered by this, but I think she is amazing! 

Do any of you have a genuine Babyland Rag doll?  Would love to her about them, if you do. 

Well, I have errands to run, so I best get to it.  Have a blessed day everybody!



2 comments:

Dorothy In PA said...

What a delightful doll. I love that you have her posed in a such regal way. Her clothes are beautiful. She is a wonderful addition to your doll collection.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Thank you Dorothy! She truly is a very special doll. :o)